Facilitation is the work involved in making the completion of tasks by others easier and more productive. Facilitation serves the needs of any group that is meeting with a common purpose, whether it be making a decision, solving a problem or simply exchanging ideas and information.
Facilitators work with teams, often in a workshop format achieve stated objectives. They:
- Promote productive discussions
- Keep things moving forward and on track
- Make course corrections when necessary
- Coach the team and individual team members
- Ensure participation and a positive working environment
The facilitator makes decisions involving the way teams engage and activities that will encourage the most productive interaction.« Back to Glossary Index