Over 20 years of accelerating performance for clients worldwide: Fast Action | Fast Impact | Enduring Confidence
Whether it’s a greenfield or brownfield, getting your facility design right is key.
The layout and design of any facility is a time intensive and expensive endeavor. User requirements often come in slowly and can turn out to be more “wants” than true “needs” once the data is analyzed.
To ensure that the true requirements for facility footprint and flow are established early in the engineering and construction process, Kaufman Global conducts Lean Layout and Facility Design Workshops. These sessions are done with empowered representatives from each area to evaluate their needs and workflow requirements against the current state design of the new facility.
Our process is user-centric as we facilitate teams through activities that assess:
- Space requirements and layout options by product / business line
- Capacity demands to, through, and from common areas / facilities
- Material movement with a focus on crane and forklift requirements
- Traffic / people flows
- QHSE requirements
We establish constraints for changes, identify and make a case for waste elimination opportunities, and recommend improvement changes for incorporation into the final detailed design. The end result is strong consensus on the path forward and significant financial savings because missteps and re-do’s are minimized.
Get Your Assets Flowing Inside a Footprint That Makes Sense
Our workshop approach combines techniques for waste elimination with change management for accurate answers and a consensus on the path forward.
Lean and Analysis
- Value Stream Mapping
- Spaghetti Diagram
- Capacity Planning
- Flow Analysis
- Kaizen Event Workshops
- Focus Interviews
- Coaching and Engagement
- Global reach – Programs delivered everywhere in the world
- Applications in any asset intensive environment – especially oilfield maintenance and manufacturing
- Speed-up asset movement >30%
- Better utilization of common areas like wash bay and stores
- Greater ability to react to capacity demands and market ups and downs