A global manufacturer and marketer of food and beverage products partnered with Kaufman Global to build Continuous Improvement (CI) critical mass and promote operational efficiency through the application of Lean and CI methods. Leadership’s vision was to improve business operations and processes in the office to become as efficient and effective as their supply chain organization. Priority focus areas were chosen that were fundamental to the organization’s strategic growth and development, as well as the overall success of the company.
Working together over a period of 12 months on four continents, significant productivity gains and cost savings were realized within the core business units, supported by sustaining efforts that included:
- Introducing leadership training and coaching to the senior management team
- Training and coaching Continuous Improvement Group Leaders
- Executing targeted improvement events that identified over $48 million (USD) in total benefits
- Communicating CI progress and results through a communications vehicle – “CI News”
- Developing and customizing all training and program materials, Lean office training simulation, and modifying versions of existing material to target a broader employee base