Lean Leadership describes a leadership style that actively engages the entire organization to pursues a Lean culture of operational excellence. The emphasis is on structured problem solving, measurement of key processes and high value for process discipline.
Hallmarks of Lean Leadership include:
- Leadership and functional alignment via teams
- Structured engagement of the broader organization (Lean Daily Management System)
- A disdain for waste in all forms
- Open communication about issues that need to be solved
- A limited but well defined and used suite of process improvement techniques
- Active change management